Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Sacre bleu! The Expos are moving!

In a long anticipated move, the Montreal Expos will be playing in Washington D.C. next season. My condolences to the loyal Canadian fans who are losing their team. However, it will be nice to have a baseball team playing out of the capitol again. I just hope they don't go with the idea of calling them the "Grays" (an homage to a 1930s Negro League team of the same name). At least the Reds have an attention-grabbing color as a team name. Kinda hard to get excited about Gray, in my opinion. Why not call them the Senators after the previous D.C. team of that name? For some reason I can't put my finger on, I suspect that the new team name will be neither of these. I just hope they can pick a name that fits with the local history without being lame.