Monday, December 13, 2004

Technical Update

Well, after trying this three times previously, and destroying my blog template each time, I think the Section 31 engineering crew has finally succeeded in adding Haloscan commenting and trackback to the command center. Naturally, all of the previous comments have been lost in the upgrade. We'll see if this new technology is all it's cracked up to be.

UPDATE: I am using Noodles at People's Republic of Minnesota as my guinea pig to test whether trackbacks are working, since he also recently installed Haloscan. Unfortunately, each time I try to use his trackback link my browser crashes, so this experiment may be doomed to failure.

UPDATE: After a couple hours of messing with the Haloscan comments and trackback, I have decided that I hate their implementation of both, and am switching back to standard Blogger comments. I'll hope that Blogger comes out with its own trackback system, otherwise I'll wait until I can upgrade the command center to a real blog client.